Friday, March 5, 2010

Sock it to me

So, Katie and I are both skeptical about sock knitting, but one of my New Year’s Resolutions was to try socks.

So I cast on for this simple Knit Picks Toe-Up Socks pattern. I figured that the only way that would make sense for me would be a try-on-as-you-go, two-at-a-time pattern. This one looks pretty basic. So far I’ve just started the tippy toes:

socks

I’m using Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet. The color is a mocha brown with a bit of a bluish cast to it, but the picture makes them look greyer.

In other knitting news, I’m almost finished with Liliane. I just need to knit the pocket and sew on the buttons, and it will be good to go:

liliane

I’m not 100% sure about the buttons I laid out above. They were purchased (but not used) for a different project. But I think they might work.

I’ve got a couple of secret patterns that I've finished, too. One of them will probably appear here, while I’m going to submit the other, a sweater project, to a magazine. (Fingers crossed).

This week is Spring Break—a perfect time to catch up on knitting projects and plan some warm weather patterns. yay!

3 comments:

Academic2 said...

Girl, don't be a hater. Socks are awesome. (and cheap--one skein).

jordynn said...

Actually, I'm enjoying the socks so far!

Academic2 said...

The yarns for socks are unbelievable. Just gorgeous.

Hope to see you at C's.

(This is Barb L, by the way)