Sunday, December 12, 2010

Return to the Mountains

I’m back in the Carolina Mountains, this time with my BF and snow-loving poodle, Iva.

ivagood2

It snowed several inches last night, so we are glad to have plenty of oatmeal, egg nog, and hot chocolate to welcome us after a romp in the snow. And Iva is glad to have her new sweater.

DSC_0221

This is based on the Side Button Greyhound Sweater pattern, which I chose because I thought Iva’s body type was similar to a greyhound’s deep chest and slim waist.

Since Iva is a bit smaller than a greyhound, I modified the pattern in order to make a small (not listed in the sizes). I can post detailed notes later, but basically I reduced each measurement or stitch count based on the numerical differences between the sizes listed.

I used some khaki green Plymouth Encore yarn I found at a thrift store.

It worked out quite well, although you can see the sweater could be a bit longer.

DSC_0220

You can also see that the sweater has a tendency to ride up in front, but mostly only after some serious romping, like this:

DSC_0207

More details on Ravelry, here.

1 comment:

KRGP said...

I love her sweater! And I'm so jealous that you are up in the mountains and snowed in. Have fun!