Friday, February 24, 2012

FO: Half-Handspun Cowl

I finished this cowl made of half store-bought yarn and half hand-spun. [See project on Ravelry.]



I gifted the cowl to my friend who has just retired from UNC Law where I teach. This is basically her favorite, and arguably only, color. The day I gave it to her, she was wearing a sweater the exact same shade. It was weird.

Also, for those who don't know, this is sometimes called "Carolina Blue." We lay claim to a wide range of shades, from this greenish blue to a more French blue to sky blue.

Here's some proof:

Item_14617_3.jpg


Notice the greenish blue of the 1980s, a different shade from the sky blue of the 1990s and today. Also, we like to win national championships. (It's almost March!).

Okay, back to business. Here's the cowl again:



I'm really glad I added the handspun in there to give it loft. The Stellina yarn just doesn't have any, despite being 50% wool.

No comments: