Monday, July 29, 2013

Nine Months of Crafting: Nursery Artwork

(Jordynn here). The artwork for the baby's room is mostly DIY, except for the two owl paintings (above the shelves), which I found at TJ Maxx. 


My mom and I collaborated on this bird painting, which is above the crib. First, we used art tape to lay out the wire lines on the canvas, and then she painted the the background using acrylics, while I cut out the bird shapes from scrapbooking paper. After arranging the birds, I used Mod Podge (best craft item in the world) to affix them to the canvas, and then coated the whole thing with more Mod Podge. Finally, my mom drew on the feet with a silver marker. 


The ABC pictures are also made with scrapbooking paper. I just downloaded letter and animal shape silhouettes and traced them onto paper.
















Then, I used (you guessed it) Mod Podge to attach them to the background paper, and went over the whole thing again with Mod Podge.

I kind of think they should be in bigger frames, and not so high up from the dresser. But, since I'm using that as my changing area, I guess they should be out of reach for practical reasons. Still, I think they look cute, and it was an easy and quick craft to do.





No comments: