Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baby Layette Set

I made this set for my sister’s new baby, Nicholas. The yarn is Paton’s Silk Bamboo, in “Sea” and “Ivory.” The yarn is a little slippery, but not too bad to work with. It doesn’t split like a lot of craft store yarns do.

IMG_0775

The patterns I used are:

Hat – Welcome to the World Newborn Hat

This was quick and easy. My only mod was to use garter stitch instead of ribbing for the edge.

Pants – Pimp My Longies

These turned out a bit skinny, compared to regular newborn size pants, but Nicholas is kind of long and skinny, so I think they will fit him well.

Sweater – Garter Yoke Baby Cardi

This turned out a bit wide, I think. But it was easy to knit.

IMG_0778

Booties - Seamless Baby Booties (top down)

I highly recommend this pattern! I made mine a bit smaller by doing fewer short row rounds to shape the front of the bootie. I was happy to find ribbon that matched so well!

IMG_0768

Hopefully I’ll get pictures of Nicholas wearing this soon!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a beautiful set! I love it!