Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Verena FO: "Britta"



Pattern: Britta (#7), Verena Fall 2009
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Color 206, 6.5 skeins
Needles: Size 9 and Size 7 circulars, two of each (sleeves worked in double-circular method)
Modifications: Lengthened sleeves and body. Worked looser gauge than called for, size is about 37".





This went REALLY fast. This sweater jumped right out at me in the magazine. I had the yarn on hand, a gift from another local knitter. I'm struggling with the post-partum weight--the pictures really emphasize how I'm not the same size as before. Nevertheless, this is a super snuggy sweatershirt substitute. I'm wearing it now, as I write this.

This is the first top-down yoke sweater I've knitted and I really love the technique. This was a great project to learn on and I really recommend it. I made a list of modifications on my Ravelry project page for this, if you are considering knitting it.

6 comments:

Someday_phd said...

Hey...that's my sister's name.

Kristen Rettig said...

This is a very pretty sweater! I love the yoke.

Sowing Clover (Emily) said...

Love, love, love this sweater. A lot. :)

Anonymous said...

That's lovely!

Courtenay said...

love love love! perfect!

mamacitamax said...

beautiful! love the noro!