Friday, June 27, 2008

Straps for Celia

I decided to add directions for straps to the Celia Cruz pattern. If you've already downloaded it and would like to see these directions, just send me an e-mail!

The straps are knit in strips, with buttonholes included so that you can wear your top any number of ways:

Tank Style


Halter Style


Criss-cross Style

Of course, you could also just sew the straps inside the top if you wanted to make the garment a particular style. Or graft them on, I suppose.

I haven't made straps for the lighter pink version yet, but since it was my second attempt the sizing for that one is better and the top stays up nicely without them. You can see that this earlier version is a little baggier around the top on me--something I fixed on the second one.

No comments: