Friday, July 25, 2008

Because Moschino doesn't come around that often...

I inherited this oldish Moschino skirt from my sis. It hung in my closet for about a year. It's this delicious stretchy blue canvas, denimish but not exactly denim. The front has two slits that hit my legs high on the thigh. And I never, ever wore it.



As a college prof., I'm keen on clothes that look formalish but are also replete with comfort. Comfy skirts are high on my list. Especially since the husband bought me a pair of knee-high Camper boots for xmas last year. The boots, a comfy skirt, and a pair of tights--it's almost as good a jeans. But I couldn't wear this Moschino skirt, because I would be too naked.

So I committed sacrilege.


As you can see, I sewed panels into the slits, giving the skirt a neat a-line silhouette. I wear it all the time now. I just hope the fashion gods don't strike me down for f***ing with perfection.


Here's the skirt with one panel finished, for comparison.

2 comments:

Courtenay said...

Cool! Great idea. No modeling pics though? We want to see it on!

Olivia said...

Oh, those type of skirt slits are a pain - only thing worse is one big one in the middle of the front! Designer label or not, how are you ever supposed to sit down? It looks great with the panels.