Thursday, October 10, 2002

About Us

We Are

The Knitty Profesors


Jordynn Jack

Katie Rose Pryal


We are professors at a large university in the south. We spend much of our free time knitting and spinning and designing. Our designs are inspired by all things nerdy--you'll notice on our patterns page how varied our inspirations can be. The blog post for each pattern tells the story behind the pattern. Some of our patterns have appeared in knitting magazines, such as Knotions, Popknits, and The Anticraft (coming in 2010).

We both came into knitting after the knit-blog revolution had begun, and we're grateful for the community of fiber artists that the internet provides. This blog is for sharing yarnish thrills and knowledge, including our original knitting and crochet patterns, encouraging eco-friendly fiber arts, through yarn recycling and rehabilitating knitted items, saving our souls from the alienation of postindustrialization.

We have two regular columns--find them in the list of tags, below--"Knitting Travels," which includes reviews of LYSs all over the world, and "Fiber Facts," about the scientific side of fiber. We also write tutorials.

Katie spins with raw and recycled fibers. She produces fiber, yarn, and accessories for sale. Visit her Etsy page. Read more about her yarns on this blog here.

Jordynn is canadianbacon on Ravelry. Katie is krgp. Let's be friends!

A Note about our Patterns:
All of our patterns, including the ones offered for free, are protected by copyright. Here's what this means:
  1. If you would like to teach a course with a free pattern, that's fine with us. Please be sure that each person downloads their own version from our web site. 
  2. If you would like to teach a course with a pattern that we sell, please (and this seems obvious) have each person purchase their own copy from our web site.
  3. Please do not knit our designs to sell for profit. You may, however, knit our designs to sell for a charity event. We ask that you please indicate (on the tag, etc.) that the design is ours. 
  4. You may link to our blog and even republish our photos from our blog. Actually, we think that sort of sharing is a wonderful aspect of the internet. Please provide a link back to us, though, if you do republish photos.
(Did we mention that Katie teaches law? Whew!)

4 comments:

Someday_phd said...

I'm sending someone your way. She is writing a paper about knitting and feminism and I figured she'd better talk to you. :)

I'm at school and I can't find your mail address, but drop me a line and I will tell you what I know.

catsrule97 said...

hey Katwoman!
I am a follower of your blog now and I like your patterns but it seems kind of silly to order them since we live so close. this is my email:
riada97@gmail.com

Adair (Janene's daughter, that kid that you bought the girl scout cookies from)

Chrissy said...

I am a professor at the U of Kentucky and seem to spend all my free time crocheting and thinking about crocheting and procuring yarn. I found your blog by Googling "professors who crochet" because it feels like such an oddity to be an academic who enjoys such a domestic hobby. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Unknown said...

Hi!

I am an editor of AllFreeKnitting and would love to feature your patterns on my site with full credit to you. I know my readers would just love it and in return would generate some nice traffic to your site. If you agree and would like us to feature your project, our readers will simply click the link to your blog to get your full tutorial. It's really that simple.

I see you have lots of other great patterns on your site as well and I would be interested in featuring even more! If you are interested in featuring more projects like this one with links to your site, I can create a nice bio page for you as well as one of my Featured Knitting Designers. This page will include your bio and links to your site as well as any social media you would like to promote.

My site is part of Prime Publishing and we publish 19 cooking and crafting web sites. We have over 3.5 million active e-mail subscribers and about 10 million page views per week. You can learn more about us at www.primecp.com.

Please let me know if you would like to get started. Just a reply to this e-mail is all it takes.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!


Nicola Trumbull, Editor
ntrumbull@primecp.com
Prime Publishing LLC
3400 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
847-205-9375 Main | 847-513-6099 Fax