Sunday, January 4, 2009

Handspun Baby Surprise



This week I finished my first project knit with handspun--a baby surprise jacket. I supplemented the Icelandic 2-ply that I made with some Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool.



The mods I made were small: After seaming, I picked up and knit 5 rows of garter stitch at each cuff for a more finished look. I did the same at the neckline, making a sort of mandarin collar.



Although this is the first thing I ever knit for my own forthcoming baby, I gave it to Julian to wear for now--the best thing about having (1) a sister with a baby, (2) who rocks, and (3) lives nearby, is that every baby thing I give her will be coming my way soon enough. It's communal babytime.



Plus, I couldn't think of a better model for my knits. Damn, every time I look at him I think he's cuter.

No comments: