Monday, April 6, 2009

Katie's Knitting Angst

I haven't been knitting much lately, as always happens toward the end of the semester. To make matters worse, what I have been knitting has generally proved to be utterly awful.

For example:
From fiberarts images


Sister has to model it because I'm 6.5 months huge. She put it on, said, "this is the stupidest thing you have ever knitted," and then said, "give me your stupid sunglasses to wear in the pictures."

It's the Tuxedo Jacket from Twinkle's Big City Knits. I have yet to see a fabulous one on Ravelry. My sister is 6'1" and built like an athletic supermodel. And it looks stupid on her. So it was never going to look right on me.

Here's the back:
From fiberarts images


Ugh.

I did, however, reknit my Plath. Amazing how much better it turns out when I actually follow Jordynn's pattern. My angst with this one is that it looks so terrible on me right now. Cropped cardis and big bellies don't work well together, I guess.

Here it is on the sister:
From fiberarts images

Looks great on her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the honest appraisal of the tuxedo jacket pattern. I was thinking of trying it, and I am not built like a supermodel, so I;m afraid I would end up super-sad.