Sunday, June 28, 2009

FO: Estivale

From fiberarts images

In my never-ending quest for summery shrugs and mini-cardis to wear over my nursing bra tank tops, I have knit Estivale. I used some yarn from my stash and it was a perfect choice.

Pattern: Ribbed Lace Bolero by Kelly Maher. Available here.

Yarn: Artful Yarns Fable, cotton/silk blend, color Cinderella/99.

Needles: Size 10 and 7 bamboo circulars.

From fiberarts images

Mods: Used cable cast-on for flexibility, and then started with RS instead of WS. Cast on 106 stitches--but it ended up a little big. So I did some gathering at the edge using ssk/k2tog that ends up nearly invisible around the neck. I also lengthened the ribbed edge at the back, creating a fold in the fabric.

From fiberarts images

See project on Ravelry here.

No comments: