Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stymied

I'm feeling stymied with my knit projects. I have a fair number of WIPs, but each has something holding it back.

My Veronique is waiting on more yarn, since I ran out.

My Wisp revision is nearly finished but so tedious at this point because of the repetition of a complicated lace pattern.

My sweater-coat design is sucking ass honestly but might look okay on someone less post-partum--so I don't want to work on that either.

The mohair cardi design has turned into a frankenstein of weird freestyle knitting to the point that I don't think I could every write a pattern that anyone else could decipher. I should put it out of its misery--but that's exactly how I felt about Nella, and I'm so glad I didn't quit on her.

Doucement, the hat design, started out with a very wrong yarn choice so I'm reknitting it now, but again, bored with knitting the same thing twice.

And I don't want to work on my husband's new Gamekeeper because it's one thousand degrees outside.

My knititng is starting to feel like Outward Bound--something to be slogged through with the promise that I'll feel glad that I did. Ugh.

2 comments:

Courtenay said...

I feel your pain, I'm in the same place as you. I don't feel like working on any of my projects right now. I hardly even feel like thinking about knitting. What the hell happened? Where's my knitting mojo?

Someday_phd said...

Since I just finished the afghan, I know exactly how you feel. I thought that sucker would never get done. I was so bored with it.

But...you will feel so much better when you finish one of the projects that it will reignite your mojo.

Although, it is 1000 degrees outside and I can't stand touching yarn either. BTW I have nice mohair that I think would be good for that shawl.