Monday, August 23, 2010

A Skirt

I whipped this up yesterday using the pattern from Chic & Simple Sewing, by Christine Haynes.

 IMG_1792

This is a basic circle skirt pattern. It turned out okay. I decided to hem the skirt so it would hang evenly, rather than just hemming .5” all the way around, as given in the pattern.

IMG_1793

I’m not super happy about the elastic waist band, but at least I learned how to do one. And I think I’ll actually wear this. Or maybe I’ll try to redo the waist band somehow….

I’ve promised myself that I won’t build up a stash of fabrics the way I have with yarns. I have material for one more yoga bag (or perhaps a tote?), and 3 yards of some vintage fabric I found at a thrift store to use up.

I promise knitting updates will be forthcoming, as well! Katie and I both have some new projects and patterns on the go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. you are funny. not building up a stash of fabric.

as if that's possible.

hahahaha.

(hope things are well with you!)

barb from arkansas