Friday, August 2, 2013

Nine Months of Crafting: Newborn Art Cards

I decided to do this project because I wanted something simple to put beside Peapod for her to look at in her first few months. They sell various kinds of art cards in black and white for infants, such as these ones, but they are hard to prop up (or you have to tape them to the wall or something). Plus, I like to be thrifty. So I decided I would make some little cards using poster board.

The first set is black and white patterns:

Apparently babies like faces, so I drew some on the opposite side.

The next step for infant vision is to learn to distinguish colors, so I made the next set in shades of warm colors (on one side) and cool colors (on the other).

I used scrapbooking paper, which has been put to use for several of the projects in the nursery, beginning with my closet organizer/divider project.

More projects coming all this week!





No comments: