Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Knitting Travels: Richmond & Alexandria, Virginia

This weekend I traveled to Alexandria with my BF to visit his family, stroll around DC and some surrounding cities, and enjoy some good food.

On the way, we stopped in Richmond for lunch and a little bit of shopping. After a lovely lunch at a French cafe, we happened across the Yarn Lounge in Carytown (a fabulous shopping area!). This store is super cozy, with a beautiful selection of great yarn: Jo Sharp, Rowan, and Malabrigo, to name a few.

The Yarn Lounge outside by jerdlngr.

Once in the DC area, I made friends with this guy at Mount Vernon:

IMG_0799

And then stumbled upon the Fibre Space in Alexandria. Another great store! The yarn is organized by weight, which is rather helpful, and they offer many beautiful yarns, including Louet, Neighborhood Fiber Company, and Stonehedge Fiber Mill (to mention a few of the rarer ones).

Plus, the Fibre Space features an awesome retro space-age aesthetic—check out their logo, below, for an idea:

I didn’t buy a whole lot at either space (my stash is overflowing), but now I’m really coveting some of the Miss Babs “Yowza What a Skein” yarn that I saw at Fibre Space. I’m definitely going back when I can!

No comments: