Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Small Milestone

Long-time readers may remember that I had some trouble getting pregnant with my son, Adrian.

That was no fun.


Slightly less long-time readers may remember that Adrian then decided to come 6 weeks early and had to spend a week in the NICU.

That was hell, by the way.

Here's me, still IV'd up from delivery, visiting my baby despite the wires and tubes and my achey body.



I don't want to go through that again.

Today, Thursday, I'm 34 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and I'm officially past the day when Adrian was born (on 34 weeks, 4 days). I feel like I've passed a major milestone.

Of course, Adrian turned out fine, but having my water break so early when I just stood up from my desk and everything that followed after was so traumatic that I'm grateful to have even one more day being pregnant with Edward.

(I'm due in just over 5 weeks. My mother says that it'll serve me right to have Edward come a week late.)

-Katie Rose

2 comments:

The Big-Bellied Beauty said...

Congrats! I hope Edward incubates long enough to not hace to face the NICU like his bro...

Natalie said...

And of course you provide such a wonderful place for a fetus to incubate and grow that when Edward arrives one week late, he will weigh 12 lbs 6 ounces.