Tuesday, January 17, 2012

FO: Mini Bed-Sheet Rag Bath Mat

Thanks Cocoknits.com for the free pattern [ravelry].

Pattern: Rag Bath Mat [my project on revelry]
Designer: Cocoknits.com
Materials: 1 queen size bed sheet cut into 1.5 inch strips
Needles: Size 19 Denise Interchangeables

My husband and I remodeled our bathroom. It's small. He calls it "European." It's super-nice, but our old bath mats didn't fit any more.

This fits perfectly.



I started with this pile of sheets. They were graciously donated by members of my neighborhood (via our amazing listserv).



I tore the sheets into 1.5 inch strips and bound them together following cocoknits.com's recipe.



Final product is squooshy and adorable. I'm in love with this yarn and this pattern.



Top view.



And in place. Ta-da. Not bad for one day's work.

No comments: