Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Yarns!

I've been at the wheel and here's what I came up with.

First, this is the first of my Recycled 2-Ply line, colorway "Beaufort." I dyed some raw wool bought from Woodberry Crossing in Maryland a bright orange, then spun singles with it. I plied the singles with a pale blue yarn from a 100% wool recycled sweater.


Next, I have the first of my regular 2-Ply line, colorway "Azalea." Mostly Romney from Cranberry Moon farm in MA. Dyed three shades: brown, pink, and blue. Carded the colors separately, and alternated different colored batts as I spun singles. Plied singles together.


Last I have another batch of 2-Ply, this time 100% Icelandic wool from a small farm in VA. I bought 3 fleeces from this farm, one white, one dark brown, and one grayish. For this yarn, I dyed some of the white fleece a lilac color and carded it together with natural-colored brown fleece. This might be my favorite so far.


All of these are available on my Etsy shop.

No comments: