Thursday, December 25, 2008

Alpacamas 2008

My Christmas present this year came from Brier Run Alpaca farms in Oil Springs, Ontario. My nieces McKenna and Kennedey went to pick out the yarn with my mom and got to meet some of the alpacas:

IMG_3839

These are just a few of their alpacas. They sell roving and yarn as well as handmade products, and you can also bring your own fibre to them for processing in their mill, where they can blend it with silk, wool, or alpaca if desired.

My nieces picked out this gorgeous alpaca-silk blend in a chocolate brown:

xmas 2008 078

I can’t wait to design something to show off the beautiful tweedy texture.

My mom also made me this awesome case for my circulars:

xmas 2008 072

xmas 2008 075

I also gave out several knitted gifts which you will see in our upcoming Winter 2009 Knitty Professors Collection. But here are some previews:

preview 

 preview4 preview3preview2

No comments: