Monday, February 16, 2009

Knitting While Being Body-Snatched

So, I find myself knitting shawls lately. There are two main reasons for this:

1. My Wisp [pattern here, designer Niamath's blog here] and Lady Eleanor needed revising. Ellie was too short, because I totally underestimated the width and sheer massiveness this shawl and ran out of yarn. So, I ordered 2 more skeins of Boku and added another foot. Now she's perfect. (Pics in a bit.) Second, I found I never wore Wisp, because it also seemed too small. I like the stitch pattern, but the buttons seemed fussy. Fortuitously I purchased Victorian Lace Today [order from great indy bookstore here] around the same time I realized my discontent with the shawl, and decided to put a vandyke border on the thing, all the way around, and take off the buttons. (I had more yarn in my stash, purchased on my trip to Japan.) I realized that (1) I flipping love VLT, and (2) I love my Wisp. Not quite done yet, pics soon.

Reason for shawl knitting #2: I'm the size of a house.

I'm over half-way done with this pregnancy thing and running about 20 pounds heavy. Which is right on target according to my doc, but feels INSANE. Nothing fits right. I keep knitting garments, and they keep looking like crap on me. So I put them on my skinny sister (her baby turns 1 this month) and that makes me feel a little better. I might be the size of a house, but my knitting doesn't suck. Ugh. So I'm knitting a sweater for my MAP, another Gamekeeper, and a mini version for unborn little-MAP--matching father and son sweaters out of this stash of green cascade 220 I acquired a while back. At least my husband is still a noodle, which is a GREAT build for modelling knits.

No comments: