Thursday, January 28, 2010

FO: Frontwards Cable Sweater

This is my rendition of Wendy Bernard’s Backwards Cable Sweater from Custom Knits (a gift from Katie!).

IMG_1136

Yarn:

Araucania Nature Wool (100% wool; color #56)

(This was on sale at Webs for $5.99 a skein--a great deal! Though not as soft as some yarns, I think it will hold up well).

Mods:

  • put the cable in the front
  • added vertical and horizontal bust darts
  • did regular ribbing on edging instead of baby cable ribs–too time consuming!
  • added long sleeves

IMG_1137

I’m very pleased with this sweater overall. I like that the scoop neck is lower in front than the back (thanks to short rows in back and to the neck increases in front). I should have alternated the skeins of yarn every few rows, because they were slightly different since this is kettle-dyed yarn. You can see where I switched skeins in the photo above, although I don’t think it is quite that noticeable in real life.

I might make this sweater again in a short-sleeved, layering version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I think the color is gorgeous too.

Anonymous said...

wow! nice job!