Wednesday, January 6, 2010

FO: Greywackes



Talk about a fast knit.

I recently whipped up two of Jordynn's recent (free!) pattern, Greywacke, in two very different yarns.

-----------------------

Pattern: Greywacke by Jordynn Jack of the Knitty Professors [Ravelry]

Size: One size

Yarn: Cascade Magnum, color 9408, 1 skein (250g/123yds); Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton, color Blueberry, 3 skeins (85g/103yds).

Needles: Size 17

Modifications: I downsized the needles to 17s because I knit very loosely. For the cotton version, I cast on 40 sts instead of 48, because I had a feeling it would be floppier due to the fiber (I was right).

-----------------------



The first is knit in Cascade Magnum, a similar yarn to the newly omnipresent Twinkle Soft Chunky--it is a single-ply roving-style yarn the same gauge as my ring finger (color 9408, a coppery-brown).



The second is knit in Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton in Blueberry. This one is my sister's birthday present. My sister is allergic to wool (for reals, people--an autoimmune thing), but I wanted to knit this in something lofty and natural. I held this yarn triple-stranded to make it thick enough.



No comments: