Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some Vintage Wool

I found this at the local thrift today. Yet another example that proves the maxim, "They just don't make 'em like they used to."



The bonus in this situation is that, in this world of let's all dress like teenagers, this dress fits like it was custom-tailored for my post-baby body.



The detail stitching the bust area is flattering and fabulous.



It's knee-length, perfect mate for a pair of tall black leather boots (a wardrobe staple, of which I have 3), professional and funky at the same time.



Only one small blemish--a moth hole that I sealed up with some Fray-Check--to give us a sense of its history.



That, and the woven Marshall Field & Company tag.

2 comments:

cedarstrings said...

OMG ... I wore that dress, probably in 1970 or '71, but I certainly don't feel vintage

Anonymous said...

ooo-and it's from the 28shop! very nice.