Friday, March 1, 2013

Nine Months of Knitting: Connect Four Baby Blanket

[Jordynn here.]

Well, I'm preggers. So I'm starting a new feature called "Nine Months of Knitting," which will chronicle the nine (hopefully) projects I complete while awaiting the new addition, whom we are currently calling "Peapod."






































I started this blanket almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant. It was December, and I had a looong car trip ahead of me (12 hours to Canada, in a straight shot). And I had this sky blue yarn on hand, which I thought would be perfect for a blanket.

The pattern is easy: a seed stitch border with a simple eyelet stitch pattern, with a four-row repeat. Perfect if you have pregnancy brain, like me, and can't remember anything more complex than that.


















I named the blanket "Connect Four" after the classic game, for a few reasons. For one, the eyelet pattern reminded me of the connect four playing apparatus (frame? whatever it is called). And, I've decided to design the nursery with a vintage theme. In addition to some new pieces, like this blanket, I'm gathering the old quilts that my husband and I had as babies for inspiration:







































Materials: 

Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Cotton (DK, 150 yards / 65 grams) – 6 skeins (900 yards). Shown in Turquoise.

Size 6 circular needle (24”)

Darning needle (for weaving in ends)


Other Yarn Options:
  •  KnitPicks Cotlin (DK, 123 yards/50 grams) – 8 skeins (984 yards) in Surf.
  • Cascade Cotton Rich DK (135 yards/50 rams) – 8 skeins (945 yards)  in Turquoise.
  • Or, any DK weight cotton or cotton blend yarn 
Gauge: 15 sts and 22 rows in 4" (in Connect Four Eyelet Pattern)

Finished Measurements: 36" x 36" (receiving blanket size)

To purchase the pattern for $4.95:  

To see my project page on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/canadianbacon/connect-four-baby-blanket 




1 comment:

Chanel said...

kom naar mijn blog er zijn wedstrijden en je kan zien wat er in is en wat niet kom snel www.FashionMakeupEnMore.blogspot.com