Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nine Months of Knitting: Peapod Pouf

(Jordynn again)

Okay, so this might not seem like a baby project, but I'm considering it one. For now, this Puff Daddy pouf is in the upstairs TV room, where it blends in with my throw pillows. But I'm thinking the baby might like to use it to get used to tummy time as an infant, if it isn't co-opted by my cats first.






I've been wanting to make one of these for a while, since I've been seeing similar items at Crate & Barrel and Target for $50 and up. I'm calling it the Peapod Pouf for two reasons: one, the colorway of the yarn is called Peapod, and two, that's our nickname for the as-yet-unamed baby.



I used nine skeins of KnitPicks Brava Bulky, held triple stranded, and it was an easy and quick knit. I like the chunky texture it creates.

When I was done, I stuffed the pouf with an old duvet I had lying around. I tried to roll it into a smooth ball, but as you can see, it is still rather lumpy. If I were to do it again, I'd try to make a more cylindrical shape, like a sleeping bag, to see if that created a smoother line.

For more details, see my Ravelry page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/canadianbacon/puff-daddy 


More baby projects coming soon--including some original patterns and an updated cardigan version of Tiny Tim. I have 157 knitting days to go before Peapod's arrival! 





No comments: