Saturday, March 23, 2013

Nine Months of Knitting: Sailor Stripe Set

I made this little sweater set using two patterns I've made before: Little Coffee Bean Cardigan and Pimp My Longies. (See previous FO's here, here, and here).



I also used one of my favorite yarns for baby stuff, Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. For a cotton yarn, it holds together well (minimal splitting) and it has good stitch definition. I like the nautical blue and cream colors for a gender neutral little outfit. I figure I'll put it with little red maryjanes and a red onesie for a girl, or these cute Chuck Taylor sneakers (for either sex)--which I'm finding out in a few days!



Overall, it turned out pretty well, although the sweater ribbing skews the stripes a bit--I always seem to have this problem with the placket ribbing shrinking in.


 Here, it makes it look like I did an extra half row of stripes on one side (which I didn't). I usually don't decrease in needle size for the ribbing, to try to avoid this, but it still tends to shrink in. Any tips?

See my Ravelry project pages for the Longies and the sweater.


No comments: