Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nine Months of Knitting: Cables in a Weekend Blanket



Okay, this might not look like a baby project, but it is! The pattern is Cables in a Weekend, which is a great, quick baby blanket pattern. I made mine out of some Malabrigo Chunky in Applewood.

I wanted something I could put on the floor for Peapod to play on, and this soft squishy yarn is perfect. But I also wanted to be able to throw it over the couch and not look out of place in the TV room. Hence, no baby yarn that looks like unicorn poop for me. It looks nice in the room, and I'm sure Peapod will enjoy it along with the Peapod Pouf I have in there.

You can read more at my Ravelry project page here.

More baby projects coming soon! I've been on a much-needed Babymoon in Puerto Rico, but I have three sweaters finished and a pair of booties ready to post about soon. Baby belly below.











1 comment:

krgp said...

Wow, Jordynn!! This is both beautiful and super-speedy! (and a great use for that yarn. Nice.)