Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bryher FO and a WIP

I know I haven’t posted forever, mostly because this semester has been super busy, and because I’m mainly working on some secret projects. But I did finish my Bryher scarf:

bryher 005

I used 2 skeins of Classic Elite Studio, which I got from a Craigslist purchase, and 1 skein of Rowan Kidsilk Night.

I like the somewhat sparkly effect, although I’m not sure if you can tell from the pictures.

bryher 001

I’m also *actually following someone else’s pattern*… sort of. I’m making the White Ribbed Cardigan from the Fall 2008 Vogue Knitting. If you make it, make sure to check the errata because there were quite a few errors. (Personally, I was shocked to see that practically every pattern in that issue had a ton of corrections… ).

Here’s what mine looks like so far:

drop collar 003

I’m using Malabrigo Chunky in Applewood, which I totally love knitting with. But I’ve already used up 2 skeins and I just set up the raglan increase rows. So this is going to be a costly sweater. I think I have 10 skeins total, so we’ll see how it goes. I’m thinking that I might make it cropped, with short sleeves, depending on how much yarn I have. I saw a WIP photo from Rhino’s Ravelry page and kind of love how it looks.

I’ve decided to use garter stitch instead of seed stitch for the body, basically because seed stitch is a pain in the ass in large quantities. So hopefully it will turn out!

No comments: